Hardcover: 139 pp.
Moray eels are some of the most popular predatory fishes kept by marine hobbyists worldwide, and best of all, there are species of morays suitable for novices, experts and everyone in between. While they are often strikingly beautiful and may even learn to recognize their keepers, these fishes have certain needs that require special attention and dedication.
Keeping Moray Eels in Aquariums is the essential guide to everything you need to know to successfully purchase and care for all types of morays. Comprehensive yet easy-to-read, it contains profiles of the top twenty three most popular species and also includes factual and authoritative information on:
- Morays in the wild, including eyewitness accounts of behavior.
- The moray aquarium; its selection and setup.
- Compatibility of morays with other fishes in aquariums.
- Diet and nutrition as well as the best foods to feed your moray.
- Diseases and disorders, including treatments and prevention.